SOAR INTO SUMMER
Registration for Summer 2024 opens on October 21, 2023.
The Aerospace Center for Excellence has been inspiring the next generation of aerospace professionals for more than 25 years. Launched in 1999, our summer camp programs have inspired and motivated young people from around the world. ACE provides a safe, fun, and engaging environment that promotes hands on learning, while fostering excitement in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) through aviation. In an era dependent on innovation and creativity, our programs provide campers with a platform for cultivating their interests while working collaboratively with their peers to develop lifelong learning skills.
Our Take Flight Summer Camp is intended for those who are seriously interested in earning their glider license or private pilot’s license. After participating in ground school sessions, campers will get to apply their newly obtained knowledge in our Redbird Flight Simulation Lab. They will be taken on field trips and tours to various aerospace companies. Campers will engage in aviation workshops, learn flight planning, aviation weather, and the basic systems of an airplane. Campers will also have the opportunity to fly in a general aviation aircraft with a certified FAA flight instructor and log their flight time in their very own logbook. Think of this summer camp as a much-shortened mini-ground school.
**Both weeks offered are the same camps.
Destination Aviation will engage campers in a variety of hands-on activities, including building a wing rib and launching model rockets. Campers dive deep into flight through experiential learning opportunities, hands-on demonstrations, and flight simulations. Destination Aviation allows campers to learn and engage in ALL aviation-related career fields. Campers will attend field trips to surrounding aviation industries, participate in a local exploration flight and hear from guest speakers.
Destination Aviation: Air Power allows campers to explore design, construction, and maintenance of airframe, powerplant, and electronics systems within aircraft.
Our She Can Fly Summer Camp is intended for girls interested in aviation. Summer Campers will experience a one-of-a-kind summer camp that will introduce them to the world of aviation. Campers will learn about different aerospace career pathways from our very talented group of all female guest speakers. They will be taken on field trips and tours to local flight schools and various aerospace companies. Campers will participate in hands-on activities such as Redbird Flight Simulations, Aircraft Mechanics, and a local exploration flight!
**Both weeks offered are the same camp.
Summer Campers will participate in an uniquely themed immersive experience in our Skylab Innovation Center. Our summer camp focuses on the science, history, and engineering of aviation as well as careers in the aerospace industry. Camps include in-depth explorations, hands-on builds and activities, science experiments, presentations, and much more!
NEW Camper Registration
RETURNING Camper Registration
Requirements for Consideration for Need-Based Scholarships:
- Student receiving the scholarship must be under the age of 18 at the time of the award.
- Combined, family adjusted gross income of less than $75,000 in the last tax year, as evidenced by IRS Form 1040.
- Good standing with the ACE organization, particularly if you have received a previous scholarship from ACE.
- Good academic standing with your school organization, as evidenced by a letter of recommendation from a teacher, a report card from previous grading period, or an appropriate record of student success.
Conditions of Scholarship Awards:
- The award covers 50% of the total summer camp tuition.
- Awardees must agree to scholarship terms prior to receipt of the award.
- Award determinations are not open to appeal.
- Only one application per student will be reviewed.
- Award winners will not be considered for additional scholarships until six months have passed since the previous award.
Junior Summer Camp Counselor Program/Application
The Summer Camp Counselor Program is designed to give qualified applicants, ages 15 – 17, hands-on learning experiences and job skills. Working under the supervision of summer camp staff, the Junior Camp Counselor’s role is to enhance our Summer Camp experience for our campers. Working in conjunction with our Summer Camp Instructors, Junior Camp Counselors will assist with daily camp activities, including games, hands-on activities, and lessons.
You will be notified no later than May 5, 2024 of the status of your application.
- Assist with summer camp activities, including games, hands-on activities, and lessons.
- Assist with supervising campers on field trips, as needed/requested.
- Comply with safety and security directives, policies, and procedures.
- Commit to the full week of camp, Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Must be able to attend training for one day before the beginning of summer camps (Date TBD).
- MUST have attended one year of ACE summer camp (non-negotiable).
- Must be energetic and enthusiastic about working with children and demonstrate maturity and professionalism.
- Must be comfortable interacting with campers and parents.
- Must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions, walk on a variety of terrains, and able to stand for at least 4 hours.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be at least 15 years of age by June 10, 2024.