Scholarship Selection Process for this $2,000.00 Award
A selection committee comprised of Silver Wings Fraternity and the Aerospace Center for Excellence will review applications and select the award recipient. This scholarship is a one-time award to the selected student with the established criteria listed below:
- Applicant must have accumulated one hundred hours of community service during high school. (These hours do not include time volunteered during the SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo. Additional consideration may be given to volunteer time during Aerospace Center for Excellence related programs.)
- Student must plan to attend an accredited college or university with plans to major in engineering or aviation related subjects.
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Two letters of reference required from non-family members.
- Additional essay required “How have personal, school and community activities and achievements helped to prepare you for the future and why you should be awarded this scholarship.” This essay should be no longer than three hundred words, 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen
Applicants should submit a transcript, recommendation letters, community service documentation, and essay in ONE file to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 16, 2022. Candidates will be interviewed by the donor and the award winner will be announced during the 2023 SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo.
Indicate your name and the words Silver Wings Fraternity in the subject line.
LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED